Worddly
Saturday, May 21, 2016

Prompt 21 - Water Philosophy

            Tossing another pebble in, I again observe the response. The stream flows, yet gives way to the intrusion, and for a moment, a ripple shows itself until the flow again reclaims the form of the surface. This was how, by watching the water, I understood life.
            The water itself was life, the flow becoming the passage of time, as we feel it. The usual flow of the water, the form of it as it moved over the rocks and earth, was our lives as we live and know it. Through this, I saw that the wearing away of the earth over time was the water’s way of showing us how little we understood real change, the changes that life makes over such time that we do not live to see it.
            The pebble that I had thrown, I realize, was sudden change, which seems to disrupt our lives. Yet the flow of the water, of our lives, does return to its natural state of flow after such time as is necessary, as does our lives.
            In this way, I attempt to become as the water, so that I not only understand its relationship with life; I understand myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Comment Here

Josh Sobek

Search Worddly