Worddly
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Stellar

            That is the only way I truly know to describe her. There were times as a boy I would look up into the night sky and get lost in the vastness of the stars spread across the midnight blue, and now when I look into her eyes I find I’m suddenly that boy again, lost in her soul much the same way.
            Since man first discovered the sky above, it has captured his imagination and spurred him toward progress as he divined the ways to plumb at its depths. Even now he continues to make all the answers he can out of shapes of light that burn their way here. I find myself the same way, since I’ve known her I watched her in attempt to know who she is and how she works, only to continually be left in wonder at what she might do next.
            All I’ve gathered so far is that the mystery remains. Just as the heavens open into a dark infinity lit by the burning fires of suns whose light goes on even after they have died, so is she filled with a vast emptiness that yet remains so full, that one might try to swim only to drown before he might reach the mirage of refuge.
            But the best of all is knowing in my own heart that I would have it no other way. I welcome the challenge of her heart and soul, and hope not that I will one day map the infinite within her, but merely be continued to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Comment Here

Josh Sobek

Search Worddly